Friday, October 17, 2008

Blog Post #6: Je m'appelle Ben...

My name is Benjamin Ng, and I am a 4th year Mechanical Engineering undergraduate at the National University of Singapore. Having worked and studied in England and France respectively, I speak fluent French, possess a global outlook and enjoy travelling and interacting with people of different cultures.

I relish team-sports, and embrace leadership roles with passion and responsibility. One of my proudest achievements is being appointed captain of every sports team that I have represented my secondary school and junior college in.

Working as a counsellor during National Service and a month-long community service expedition in a rural Cambodian village have had a profound influence on my attitude towards mentorship and contributing to the community.

Growing up in the Mandai kampung and weekly childhood visits to the zoo have nurtured my 'wild' side. Scuba diving has inspired me to save my beloved coral reefs by marrying my engineering knowledge, sense of giving back to the community and love for nature and pursuing a global career in environmental sustainability.

9 comments:

yUk_lUm said...

Hi Benjamin!

The things you do are all very exciting and I wish I could go Cambodia for CIP too.

yuklum :)

woensusanto said...

Hi,

From the post, it tells me that you have a very interesting and colourful experience. I suppose as an employer reading the post, I would want to interview you straight away and to know more about this person.

In all a very well done job!

WS

Gwen said...

You had been to many countries i believed. France and England! You are leading a colourful life i believe :)

I think diving is very cool, being able to get close to the marine life.

An interesting and delightful biodata!

Benjamin Ng said...

Hi Yuk Lum, Susanto and Gwen, thanks very much for your kind comments! Travelling and diving are fun, but to be frank, sometimes there’s no place like home.

That being said, do you have any suggestions on how I can improve upon my biodata? Thanks again!

Joycee said...

Wow... I think your life is kind of interesting! How I wish I can experience life just like yours. :)

Whao and you play team-sports too?? Wad team-sports do you play?

I can tell you're also rather involved in community service and helping to conserve nature as well! Since you're a nature lover, I suggest you can come visit Pulau Semakau sometime soon. Heard that there's an amazing variety of coral reefs and species there.

Alrighty, continue to have more fun ya.. See you around!

2D 2012 said...

Hello Ben.

Your biodata was written beautifully (:
Concise, succint and it embraced most of your strengths, aspirations and hobbies.

I especially like the way on how you relate your development of your strengths through your hobbies.

A little note of thought : Maybe you add in some specific careers or ways you feel that you can do to contribute back to the society.

timothy said...

Hello Ben!

A really well written description of yourself. I have always wondered how it would be like to travel to a foreign country in the name of charity. I guess you must have had a lot of passion in what you did over there. A month?? my goodness. I probably won't make it past 2 days haha. All the best in your future endeavors :)

Brad Blackstone said...

This is a very revealing statement, Ben, beautifully done and reflective of a life filled with passion, charity and wonder.

Benjamin Ng said...

Thank you all for your comments! Hannah, I wanted to reply your comment earlier, but I didn't really know what I wanted to do back then. Now, I know i want to pursue a career in bringing alternative energy to 3rd world countries. Thanks for making me think about it!